29 June 2012

Bourdelle Musée - Emile Antoine Bourdelle

This is one of my favorite museums in Paris. As you can see, it's just near Montparnasse, but the place is like an oasis, it's cool on a hot day and so quiet, inside a big city like Paris. If you go to Paris, pop in and have a look, this was my 2nd time, but I still enjoyed it. I took so many photos and even had time to make a few sketches.
Bourdelle was Rodin's assistant.
I love this photo.
A sculpture of Master Rodin himself.
The courtyard, his sculptures are HUGE.
Inside his studio.
This is my other favorite photo from this museum, the three heads with the guard just made it funny. I tried to be as subtle as possible, not to disturb the guard, so she would keep that same expression.
One of these is in the collection in Canberra, (in bronze). Her name is Pénélope, She's in the sculpture garden.

http://artsearch.nga.gov.au/Detail.cfm?IRN=111367&PICTAUS=TRUE
Plaster gallery. These are huge sculptures, the room is enormous.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Antoine_Bourdelle

Just down the road, in the same street, I spotted this little architectural beauty. I think it's a college. I love the glass panels.

No comments: